×

Market Church St. Cosmas and Damian

The Goslar Market Church, first mentioned in 1151, was built as a smaller copy of the Imperial Church, which no longer exists, in the form of a triple-aisled, pillared basilica with two spires in the west. In the 14th and 15th centuries the choir was enlarged and an additional nave was added on both sides. Today it not only attracts attention through its central location on the Market Square but also because of its very high unmatched steeples, which assist in orientation and provide attractive views from various points in the Old Town.

Of special note are the nine medieval stained glass windows from the first third of the 13th century, the old library, the bronze baptismal font from 1573, the remnant of a Late Gothic mural from around 1440 and the wooden Baroque altar from 1659.

The North steeple of the Market Church has been made accessible for a view over the town. For more information about this project and others as well as about the Market Church visit the website www.marktkirche-goslar.de.

Church opening hours

Daily
April to October: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
November to March: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Guided tours: Monday 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Short service: May to October Tues + Fri 11:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.

North Steeple opening hours

Daily 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
During christmas market: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.

Contact:

Phone 0049 (0) 5321 22922
Fax 0049 (0) 5321 302787