The little village church of St. Luke in Jerstedt looks back on 1000 years of history, as it is mentioned in the Xanten Document from 1047. The choir was built in 1506, the steeple after the Thirty Years’ War. The altar was carved by H.A.Gröber in 1664. Of note are the founders’ crests dating from 1704. The barrel vaulted wood ceiling is colourfully painted: 52 angels (one for each week) praise the glory of the Lord. The organ dates from 1860 and was built at the Engelhardt workshop.
Tours by appointment only
Church services are held every Sunday at 10:45 a.m.; on the first weekend of the month a Saturday evening service is held at 5 p.m.
Pastor Andreas Werther
Kirchstraße 5, 38644 Goslar-Jerstedt
Phone: 0049 (0) 5321 81219, Fax 0049 (0) 5321 85492