Miners’ Cottage on the Forststraße

In just 46 square metres of floor space the miners’ everyday life of four centuries can be experienced. This little half- timbered house was built around 1600 and since then has been home to miners, slate quarrymen and craftsmen and their families. Even a night watchman and a town council clerk are listed as former owners.

In 1999 the Hans- Joachim- Tessner- Foundation bought the derelict house and under the direction of the Rammelsberg Mining Museum it was carefully restored, conserved and documented. During the guided city tour “Bergbauspuren in Goslars Gassen” (“Tracing mining in Goslar’s streets”) it is possible to visit this house.